Thursday, December 7, 2006

FOs 2006

While I suppose that technically I should be posting these things as I finish them, it's only fair that I get to show some knitting. I'll be adding some photos of previous knitting as I get pictures. My first FO for this year (the knitting year beginning in the fall, that is) is a pair of fingerless gloves for me. I used no pattern--just swatched and measured. The yarn is the (now discontinued) classic elite studio, a viscose-linen blend.




Here's what I learned on this project:

1) Fingerless gloves are a much more useful item than I originally thought.

2) Viscose is slippery and tends to stretch, so knit it VERY SMALL

3) Mirror-imaging your cables rocks.

7 comments:

jennie said...

HURRAH! Welcome to the blogosphere ;)

Mintyfresh said...

What Jennie said! Can't wait to see more of your work.

melissa said...

welcome! i love the color you chose for these. very warm and cozy looking.

Jennifer said...

congratulations! you have a very smart friend...

Laura said...

welcome to the knitblog community! any friend of jennie's must be quality people, that's what i say.

i love mirroring cables, too. :)

Theresa said...

I am all about mirror imaging cables! And welcome to blogging!

Elinor said...

Welcome to blogland!

The mitts look so cozy!